The app's goal is to assist hotels and businesses in logging requests for food delivery without charging a fee.
Suniel Shetty has been named a brand ambassador and investor in a new company, 'Waayu,' a meal delivery app that seeks to serve clients in Mumbai with reasonable and timely food, hotels, and restaurants. The app promises to be 15% to 20% cheaper than aggregators like Swiggy or Zomato and tackles issues common with current online meal delivery services, such as exorbitant commissions, biassed rankings, or negative reviews.
Waayu, founded by Destek HORECA's Anirudha Kotgire and Mandar Lande, promises to enable hotels and restaurants register requests for food delivery without charging a fee.
The app, which is supported by the Indian Hotel and Restaurant Association (AHAR), launched in Mumbai and has over 1,000 eateries on board. The app costs Rs. 1,000 each month and will eventually cost Rs. 2,000. The team also intends to spread the services to other cities and connect to the government-backed Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) in the future.
"By embracing a commission-free model, the WAAYU app will transform the online food delivery industry." We have 16 income sources, although not all of them will be active right now. "There is no per-order commission," Kotgire explained.
"It is the industry's very own food delivery app with zero commission charges, designed especially by and for restaurants for better profits, visibility, and freedom like never before!" says Waayu's website.
How do I use the Waayu app?
Waayu Delivery Partner for delivery executives and Waayu for consumers are the two versions of the app. As a client, you may utilise the newly available app by following these steps:
1. Get the Waayu app from the Google Play Store or go to waayu.app in your browser.
2. Signup for the app with your phone number or email address.
3. Enter your location.
4. Look over the eateries and menus. Add the dishes you wish to order to your shopping basket. You may also personalise your order based on your interests. Proceed to the payment page.
5. Pay the bill online or in cash at the time of delivery. Confirm the order and wait for the restaurant's confirmation message. You may also check the progress of your order on the app or website.
6. Take your order from the delivery guy and eat your meal.
Shetty has already invested in a number of businesses. In February of last year, he invested an unknown sum in Aquatein, a fitness firm.
Suniel Shetty Has Launched The Waayu Food Delivery App